Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 3:

So third day in the Philippines. Today was a relax day which consisted of the pool, the hotel room, and Mega Mall ; mother was sick for the first part of the day so she stayed in bed trying to get better. Dragged my dad to the mall to get a swim suit ($20 which is great) but then I stayed by the pool for a while to soak up the rays and possibly jump in the pool to cool off. What I didn't realize was the pool they have for the guests here is not heated like at home...instead I walk in and bearly make it past my knees. It a lot of willpower to go completely under, and when I did I was treading water to keep warm and doing some water polo moves to stop from shivering.

After my poolside experience I came back up for a little relaxation. Turning on the television I watched Kirby. Something I rarely see ever which was quite interesting since it was also in a different language. Afterward my family and I wanted to explore Mega Mall.

Kinda a back story, but when I first visited the Philippines, the biggest thing there was Mega Mall. A 6 story mall filled with a department store, a bowling alley, an ice rink, etc. That was about 11 years ago.
This time I visit and there is no ice rink, but they have an extremely large movie theater, a gym and an area they call cybertron (everything electronic). They have tons of stores too; but what shocked me the most was my cousins telling me that Mega Mall had been outdone for the biggest mall in the Philippines. Apparently theres a place called "Everything Asia" or something like that. I think I might be taken there by my cousin here tomorrow or something like that.




Now this was a funny thing I found at Mega Mall. To tell you the truth, the Philippines loves western culture; they did have Pizza Hut, Dairy Queen, McDonalds, and KFC within the building but I saw 2 Pizza Hut's that were classified as a bistro. I saw that the place was more...oh how should you say it...dressed up than your usual Pizza Hut. But that was crazy. Needed to take a picture of it to show that I am not crazy.




But on with my plans for the next couple of days....since discusssing with my cousins, I actually have plans this trip. Which is actually great considering it would be a complete waste of time to come all this way to sit in a hotel doing absolutely nothing. But anyways....loose plans; tomorrow I'm taking a train to go to a mall or something like that with one of my cousins. Shopping for friends and whatnot (me too cuz of whats happening on friday). On Friday, both my cousins are taking me to go clubbing/ or bar hopping which is what they call it (since the drinking age is 18 I can actually get into clubs). And on the 30th, it's my cousins birthday so we are going to celebrate by going to a day spa. I've heard its completely different than going to an American spa but we shall see. Should be very relaxing; and I get to have just a cousin's couple of days! Well off to bed....extremely tired (still trying to get use to the time change).

No comments:

Post a Comment