Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thoughts about the logo that I needed to learn to recreate


I had to learn how to remake the Texaco logo. This above is the contemporary Texaco logo of today. The new logo doesn't have Texaco text below it because people believed that it didn't need it anymore since it is a well known logo by now.
My process was quite easy. I made a red circle the same size as the original, then I eye dropped the color from the original logo to fill in the circle. Then I used the illustrator star tool to create a star. Although I couldn't figure out how to make it more like the Texaco star; so I pen tooled the star above the original logo.
After deleting the illustrator star, I moved the penned star over to my own red circle. Now the only thing left was the letter T for the finishing touch. I used a different color to show the difference between the two. I tried many different styles of text before I found the right one. It was size 138 Franklin Gothic Demi Cond. Once I got that over to the other star, I changed the color of the text to the same color of the circle.
Finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment