Sunday, May 3, 2009

Vector Pen Tool Excercise

This tutorial was used to practice how to make the word vector with just the pen tool. I saw that people were doing it so I wanted to practice the skills I learned by myself and see how they did it.
This is the starting point of my tutorial. The straight edged letters were really no problem for me. Those are the letters V, E, and T. Vet...funny stuff. Anyways, those letters were easy as making toast ( or scrambled eggs) but the parts where I really learned on were the curved letters C, O and R. I had a little snafoo with the letter C because on the lower straight edge of the C, I couldn't get a line across there. Fortunatly, I figured out that I wasn't clicking there to make the line so that was my issue. Quite simiple remedy actually; but overall, that experience was enriching since I had never done anything like that before.

This is a tiny picture of my final piece. Very colorful if I might say. The whole vector thing took me about 15 minutes or so. The R and the C were I must say the most interesting to do. I might try other words and see how those go. Alphabet? Maybe not till summer time haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment