Monday, May 25, 2009

Starting Book Images No. 2


A live trace and live paint to the owl. The photo was made in photoshop, but I live traced it and live painted it in illustrator. I thought that the brown color for the wood texture and then the green eyes to give it a different look was good.


Where is Hoots? My pen rendition of this little owl. I used the illustrators mesh tool to create a funky background for my owl. And for this I was inspired by the fashions that are coming back. The summer of love is a huge hit, so I wanted to use some psychodelic colors to emphasise this aspect. And because everything was so different, I used a smaller owl and made the colors more outgoing.




My Pencil rendition in photoshop. I scanned in my original piece (just the hand drawn owl) then I made it so I could knock out the white. Copy and Pasted him in a 7x7.5 postcard and then added some color with the paintbucket. It was hard because I had to thicken the line. I used the pencil tool to make lines where I needed them to be darker. Then I went with an organic, earth tone colors for the bird and then I added a night scene for him in his little tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment