Friday, June 5, 2009

Final Book Project and Final Thoughts

So this was the final project in Art 120. This book was a fun one to make; Luckly I ended up with no pix. or anything really going wrong with my prints. Overall, the creating was the easiest yet the production of the book was a bitch. I never sweated over making something this much, but for all that sweat and panic at times, I am very happy with my first book. I loved the paper I used (and thanks to the wonderful staff at Paper Source for helping me) and the whole thing was just fun. No real regrets that I can really complain about.


This right above is the inside cover of my book. The book is titled "Hoots!!!" and it is a short narrative about a little carved owl he got in India. The page opposite to the title page actually has my wax seal on it. My wax seal is of a peacock with green wax; found that my first year of college and I loved it. Now I use it on my pieces to signify that it is indeed mine and also I sign my name (on Pen Hoots, a page within the book, I actually incorperated my name).


This is a close up of the front cover. As you can see I used a french roast brown to go on the binding to go along with the bright yellow and white paper used for the actual cover. The cover is actually used with a lightweight book cover that was on sale for 50% off at Paper Source. It has a papyrus feel to the white parts of the cover, but the yellow parts are slightly raised off the main sheet. The texture is almost a "rubbery" feel? Well thats what I feel, but just wonderful stuff, and I still have some left which is fantastic since it is such neat paper.


This is a side view of my book. A total of 30 pages; some are double sided making it really 38 pages.


And the final veiw of the book. I loved how it turned out, and except for a few bumbles such as glue, and "exposed" book binding, the book has turned out very well. Only one other person created the whole book binding like mine and so I was proud that I spent a little more time to create something different (although some of those other books were fantastic I must admit, there were some that I just wanted to have a copy of just because they were so neat like the straw one, or the barn one)

No comments:

Post a Comment